Sunday, April 24, 2011

London now that April's here


17 April 2011:  Here in UK everyone seems to have started holidays – Easter next weekend, then the royal wedding.  I passed through London yesterday and it was so crowded i was quite stressed!  Trains, underground, more trains ...    The other day a friend and I went to see the Titanic Artefacts exhibition of objects found at the bottom of the sea. As you enter you are given a boarding card with a real passenger’s name on it. At the end you find out if you lived or died.  There is also an exhibition of 3D TV – still using glasses, though.

Also met three old friends, (not looking old, I must say!) from my Nigeria days. One in Brighton, two in Dublin.   Train and boat still the most civilised way to go to Dublin, and very cheap.

A lot of reminiscing about the time we were all in Mubi.  Some old photos to look at.

18 April: The streets and gardens so beautiful in a warm sunny spring;

21st April: in contrast back in Uganda it is rain, rain, rain. Good for farmers!  I think it is the contrast in weather coupled with a freezing BA flight which has given me a cold or flu!


No comments: